This site uses a
Self-Signed Security Certificate to safeguard your confidential
information, and as such when you visit secure pages (such as the
Member/Listee Registration Form & Login), you will be asked to accept the
IE users, please click 'View Certificate' and 'Install Certificate' to accept it permanently.
Netscape/Mozilla users, please choose to accept the Certificate permanently.
Once you have
done this process you won't see the warning again, and the page will be secure (as evidenced by the little lock icon on the bottom right of your browser).
Please choose which type of registration or purchase you would like.
Online registration is temporarily unavailable. Please email us to register.
/ Fax-In IAQFP Registration Form > Click Here
I. General Information about IAQFP Affiliation
Thank you for your interests in becoming affiliated with IAQFP.
There are two primary affiliations with IAQFP; namely, as a Member, or as a non-Member Registry "Listee", both of which include a FREE Listing in the QFP Verification Registry of Qualified Financial Planners. Those listed in the QFP Verification Registry must have met the following criteria:
- Applicant, or those being granted use of the QFP Designation, must have completed IAQFP Board approved education & examination. At this time this means those having earned one or more of these Financial Planning specific designations: ChFC®, CFP® and PFS, and The American Colleges MSFS & the College for Financial Planning's MS (both with a Financial Planning concentration), with still others, that are equally qualified in the specific field of Financial Planning, under ongoing consideration.
- Applicant, or those being granted use of the QFP Designation, must complete 15 hours annually, or 30 hours every two years, of professional continuing education covering a broad spectrum of the Financial Planning methodology (these are not duplicative requirements and continuing education courses of any of the approved Financial Planning designations accepted by IAQFP meet this requirement).
- Applicant must have a minimum of three years experience in the field of Financial Planning.
- Additional Requirements:
- Applicant, or those being granted use of the QFP Designation,
agrees to be bound by and subject to then current IAQFP Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
- Applicant, or those being granted use of the QFP Designation,
agrees to be bound by and subject to the IAQFP Ethics Committee & Board Disciplinary Procedures & Complaint Process.
- Applicant, or those being granted use of the QFP Designation, agrees to be bound by and subject to the QFP Usage Requirements
Guidelines & Continuing
Professional Education Requirements.
- Applicant, who is applying for or who is accepted for Membership in IAQFP, agrees to be bound by and subject to the added standards of the IAQFP Membership Agreement, as amended from time to time.
As a Financial Planner you need a place to be heard, a place where your opinions are respected by an
equal Vote. IAQFP provides an open
"Member Forum", "Listee Forum" and Voting
Booth (limited to Members) for just such purposes.
IAQFP Members mutually support one another through their Membership, and in their service to the public, while being recognized by the public as the preeminent Financial Planners of the
specialized Financial Planning profession. Together, you and your Association make a tangible difference by "giving back" to the profession
through adherence to improved professional standards and the
services you render to a much deserving public.
IAQFP exists to simplify and to better direct for the general public the process of verifying & finding duly trained Financial Planners, and
mainly achieves this through the following two measures:
- Introduction and the subsequent granting of the QFP - Qualified Financial Planner designation to qualified persons so as to end public confusion over who is and who is not a Financial Planner (One Profession - One Designation).
- Introduction of the QFP Verification Registry of Qualified Financial Planners to provide the public an
objective, direct and free means of both verifying & locating QFP who, by virtue of their having earned the QFP designation,
reliably and consistently demonstrate their
professionalism by adhering to IAQFP
raised bar standards, ethics, oversight and regulation.
II. Levels of
A. Membership Affiliations
All Members receive the periodic "IAQFP Members News Bulletin", and depending on the Level selected, the following additional Member resources.
All Members have full Voting Rights
(in IAQFP your voice & Vote count)!
Member - $125 Annual Dues
- IAQFP confirmation of your qualifications and authorization to use the QFP designation.
- IAQFP Membership Letter of Acceptance (annually renewable).
- IAQFP - QFP Designation Certificate (Lifetime Award).
- A Verification & Locate Full Listing in the QFP Verification Registry
(inclusive of name, designations, full contact information, and a detailed "Services Description").
- PLUS All of These Added >
Discounted Member Resources
- Lifetime Membership Awardee -A special Award offered to present or former Members who made exceptional contributions in time and resources to IAQFP and the profession. It is awarded by a majority Vote in support of the then presiding IAQFP Board of Directors. Such Members have access to all of the same resources as Members, and their Membership remains free of charge for life.
- Honorary Membership Awardee - Bestowed upon select individuals that do not have one of our underlying qualifying designations, but who the IAQFP Board of Directors have determined, by majority Vote, are worthy of being granted use of the QFP designation and Membership in IAQFP.
- Retirees - All the resources of Basic, but without the requirement of any Dues for
remainder of retirement.
B. SECONDARY Non-Member Affiliations
"Listee" - IAQFP
.org works to protect the public by urging the
public to first Verify anyone claiming to be a Financial Planner
through the free, 24/7 public resource known as the QFP Verification
Registry of Qualified Financial Planners. In keeping with this
mission, IAQFP.org encourages all those who are duly qualified and
wishing public recognition as a Qualified Financial Planner to
Register with IAQFP.org at: www.IAQFP.org
Those wishing to Register and to thereby be listed in the QFP Verification Registry of Qualified Financial Planners, may do so free of charge for their initial year of Registration; however, to remain active in the Registry, subsequent years require a $50 renewal Registration Fee. Such QFP Verification Registry listings are, however, limited to Name & Designation(s) only. For a full contact listing, including City, State, full business contact information, a detailed professional services description and a picture, please become a valued IAQFP.org Member with full voting rights.
III. Frequently Asked Questions -
IV. Additional Notes Regarding IAQFP Membership
We use our Internet website, and email, as our primary means of open communications to our Members,
Affiliates, Board, and to the public (www.IAQFP.org).
Still Have Questions? Contact Us!